They can all see me if they just look.
I'm so vulnerable under their gaze.
They can't see through me, but they can see my exterior.
I'm surrounded by a hateful world,
With all eyes on me.
The thought overwhelms me,
It's too much to bare.
They see me shaking,
All they can do is stare.
They're looking at me now,
Confused by my empty glare.
Even the most piercing eyes
Hold secrets behind.
Something unreadable,
Words I’d never utter
For their emotion is inconceivable.
The whispers behind my stare;
Inaudible.
This town has its pale, uninhabited eyes.
your shallow souls look through their screen.
Stuck behind the glass,
Like a fish in a tank,
You can look all you want,
But you'll never touch.
There are whispers behind all pupils,
And some mouths are mute.
An old soul trapped behind green walls,
Microscopic gold specks;
Faults where secrets begin to crack under the pressure.
How long can they remain under wraps?
Words never uttered;
Seeping through the cracks.
No comments:
Post a Comment