Monday, September 26, 2011

To Say Goodbye

To think, one day we were friends.
What happened to our so called "happy end"?
Why did you leave without a clue?
What happened to always, me and you?

I realize you don't care,
But you want me to.
Why must you continue walking,
Dragging me behind you by the neck.

Maybe if I wanted to go,
Civil disobedience wouldn't be so prevalent.
But drag me behind you as you must,
I'll lie on the floor where you left me.

You've moved on,
But you want them all.
I've removed you from my life,
But not so far.

You're as bad as my past,
As sinister as he once was.
And now you look like him.
You've morphed into someone I don't recognize.
You've changed in your head;
You've changed in my eyes.

Why must you make it so hard
To say goodbye?

No comments:

Post a Comment