Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Chasing Rain

The clouds roll quickly past,
Another storm comes to its end.
I sit in silence
With tears for unwanted friends.
I'd chase you down 
Or follow you home. 
Will you keep me,
If i tell you you're not alone?
Or will i just keep running in circles,
Following never ending rain. 
Avoiding them
To avoid the pain.
At least with this venture
I'll feel free to cry,
Because i'm standing here
Under a sad sky. 
Remember how we danced
On that stormy july night?
A cliche romance 
On the balcony i felt so high.
The lightning could've struck me down,
Had you really given me wings to fly.

Now i traverse the states,
Aching and soggy.
Eyes on the wet pavement
As i add to the rain.
I know i said i'd always be there,
But i had to run away.
I'm running after sad skies,
So none of you will see me cry.
I'm all alone,
Chasing the rain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment