Thursday, July 21, 2011

Unfamiliar Territory

I remove my clothing. 
I step into the shower. 
In a few minutes i will walk out. 
I will be dripping wet. 

I dry off with a cheap towel i probably bought earlier in the year. 
I put on night clothes. 
I stare into the mirror.
Today, i know it's me. 
Tomorrow i won't recognize this person. 

I lay awake, 
In fear of what dreams may await me
Just past my concious, 
Just past the familiar lull of sleep. 
I don't know who i'll be tomorrow.
I don't know where i'll be. 
All i know is that this realm is the last i'll see.
Strangely, that doesn't bother me. 

Maybe tomorrow i won't wake up.
Maybe i've decided i've had enough. 
Maybe tomorrow i will be you, 
In that case,
What will you do? 
Who will you be, 
If i am you?
Will you be me?
Good luck surviving tomorrow,
With feet planted in foriegn shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment