I lived my life out of my body.
I sat on my perch and watched helplessly as what was earthly deteriorated in his grasp.
I was only a spirit,
The body was only there to keep me grounded;
Tethered to the earth
While I longed only to soar,
Free from the mess that body had made.
The body made memories;
It shared them with me.
I hid them away for when I was stronger,
But the walls begin to break.
I see the hands,
I hear the voice.
I know you
I know him.
He, the antagonist of the body.
The one who led the body astray.
Scars and bruises not shown on it,
But displayed on me;
Colorful and filled with nothing but pain.
Twisting and grinding my spirit,
My brain.
And as I lie awake at night,
Trapped again in this hell,
Grounded by this body
Now with scars of its own,
I hear your voice as clearly as daylight,
I no longer open my eyes.
I feel your hand in my dream,
And I lie awake at night.
Those memories
Long repressed
Will keep my eyes closed,
My body grounded,
And my scars fresh,
For one moment of your sick twisted paradise.
No comments:
Post a Comment