Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Dearest Life,

I’m dying. Slowly, every single day, I will die. Before I sleep I will kiss today goodbye. “Dearest life, I’ve lived you for but a day. I valued all that you brought me in these 24 hours. Goodnight and goodbye. “
I’m dying. Slowly, every week, I will die. Before Monday, I will kiss my week goodbye. “Dearest life, I’ve experienced you for but a week. I valued all the progress I’ve made. The farther I traveled in this life the more I’ve come to value it. Goodnight and goodbye.”
I’m dying. Slowly, every year, I will die. Before the first, I will kiss my year goodbye. “Dearest life, I’ve grown through you for but a single year. I valued the successes I’ve found, as well as the struggles I’ve faced. The closer the end approached, the faster I worked, the happier I learned to become. Goodnight and goodbye.”
I’m dying. Slowly, in this lifetime, I will die. Before the last, I will kiss my days, weeks, and years goodbye. “Dearest life, I have valued you for but a short lifetime. I valued each moment, whether it be one of heartbreak or of bliss. Though I never knew which moment would be my last, I learned to value each day. Each day I lived as if it were my last; each night I kissed my life goodbye. This life was made up of each last day.  Goodnight and goodbye.”
On our very last day, of the very last week, of the very last year, what will matter? As these moments flash before your eyes, who will you see? What memories will they bring? And most importantly, will you be happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment