Sunday, October 16, 2011

If I'm Lucky

"If I'm lucky...I won't cry."
She types through her tears as she waves goodbye.
I try my best to hide my face,
Twisted into a distorted place.
All she can hear is the boom of the bass;
All she can feel is his heart race. 

Can't we stay here,
Just for a little while?
Please?

She tries to hide the whimpers of her tears,
But the pain seeps through the green cracks
And the unwanted noise enters her ears.

I'm so lucky you didn't see me cry...
I never thought forever could be in the form of a guy. 

I know i'll see you again;
My only question is
When? 

I know i'll run out of tears eventually,
But when?

Some things you can never put a timer on.
Some things just keep going strong.
You'd tell me if this was wrong;
But it's so right.
It's with you;
Where I belong. 

One weekend,
No white horse required.
Some things go stale;
This will never expire. 

I keep telling myself that there's no room for emptiness in my heart;
It's too filled with your love..
So why can't I rid myself of this empty feeling.
I can't ditch this pain in my chest;
It came as soon as you left. 
A heart that sings 
Hurts at every downbeat. 

We pulled away from your door;
Never a tale of forgotten lore. 
I'll love you forever
And even more.
Forever never ends;
That I can ensure.

"if I'm lucky...you'll be my girlfriend" 
Never stopping:: without end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment