Some people cease to remember
That all people are humans
And they should not be judged.
In the place where I was raised,
Savages wore suits
For each creature could tear down
The walls that others must build,
In order to avoid these beasts.
I've seen a man
Cry for the sake of another man.
Does that make him less human?
I've seen a girl,
No older than thirteen,
Cry for the sake
Of being lost without a partner
And being torn for being herself.
I've seen savages
Sauntering over the threshold
To buy a prop,
A disgusting guise
To hide their disgusting lies.
To spend a thousand dollars
On a cloak,
A shining cloak
To hide the inside,
And spew shame to all that dont wear the same.
Could those who are cloaked
In thousand dollar disguises
Really be less beastly
Then those humans
Who show their face
And wear it proud
With a sack wrapped around them?
The warmth of a thousand fur coats
Each made of a different beast
Could warm a human for a lifetime.
Remove the beastly human guise,
Warmth will soon follow
In the hearts of all strong enough
To travel through life
Unadorned.
No comments:
Post a Comment